November is Trauma-Informed Care Awareness Month in the Rogue Valley
2017 Rogue Way to Health Luncheon: Wednesday, November 1, 2017 @ Inn at the Commons in Medford—a benefit for Rogue Community Health. For information & reservations: http://www.roguecommunityhealth.org
SOUTHERN OREGON SUCCESS & ALLCARE are presenting free community screenings of the award-winning documentary, “Resilience”:
- The Smullin Center, 2825 East Barnett Street, Medford, Thursday, Nov. 2, 6:30 pm
- Phoenix High School Theatre, 745 N Rose Street, Tuesday, November 7, 6 pm
- Grants Pass High School Performing Arts Center, corner of NE 8th & Olive Streets, Tuesday, November 14, 6:30 pm
AllCare Presents: 2017-18 PAX Launch Event, featuring a keynote by Dr. Dennis Embry, Monday, November 6, 5:30 pm at the AllCare building at 1701 NE 7th Street, Grants Pass.
For information and reservations: Susan.Fischer@allcarehealth.com
La Clinica Presents: 10 Steps to an Authentic Life: Building Resiliency in a Changing World
A Wings Community Event- Free to staff & the public
Presented by Sherrie Frank, Wings Director and Seminar Facilitator
Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 7:00-9:00pm, Hannon Library, SOU
Register online on the Wings website at www.wings-seminars.com
THE SOUTHERN OREGON ACES TRAINING TEAM has presented over 160 training sessions to over 7000 people in Jackson & Josephine counties since May of 2016. For this month, the team is offering free open training sessions for the general public and all agencies, schools and organizations:
- In Grants Pass: Monday, November 13, 6 pm to 7:45 pm, Riverside Elementary School, 1200 SE Harvey Drive
- In Medford: Tuesday, November 14, 1 pm to 3 pm, Human Services Building, 140 S. Holly
La Clinica presents Mindfulness workshops as part of Trauma-Informed Care Awareness Month. The concept of placing the oxygen mask on yourself before helping others—we would like to dedicate the majority of the time with attendees developing their own skill base and, if time, some techniques to share with patients. Not all attendees work directly with patients and we want to emphasis resilience building in ourselves so that we can support resilience in others.
We are offering the same 2-hour, drop-in session three times in the month of November in three different locations:
- Monday, Nov 20 from 3-5p at the Jackson County Health & Human Services Building
- Tuesday, Nov 21 from 3-5p at La Clinica’s Family & Women’s Health Center in the centering room
- Monday, Nov 27 from 3-5p at La Clinica’s East Medford Dental in the large conference room
Instructor: Rochelle Jaffe, M.S., is the Director of the Ashland Mindfulness Institute. She has training in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, Mindful Self-Compassion, and Mindful Eating.